Sunday, July 12, 2009

5/14/09: Anticipation…

One week testing all of our knowledge we have learned over the past year: how to look like you are completely engrossed in what the lecturer is talking about, while in all reality being completely disconnected. This is the final week we have the comfort of sitting in class before we will face patients in person and the real test begins.

Over this past week my feelings have ranged from complete excitement, to complete fear, to complete confidence, to complete ignorance, and back again. My guess is this was a micro-rollercoaster that will mimic the entire clinical year to come.

Regardless of what my anticipation may be, the time is drawing near and in only a few days I will be applying my knowledge base and will have the responsibility of making judgment calls that influence people’s lives and can write prescriptions that can kill with the stroke of a pen. This scares the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment