Thursday, July 23, 2009

7/16/09: Greatest excuse ever!!!


“Mom, I can’t paint the fence, there’s a moose in the back yard!!” George said with great excitement in his voice. Clearly the greatest TRUE excuse to get out of chores I have ever heard.


I was walking back to the house from work and I suddenly realized there were 2 eyes staring at me from OVER the fence, not around, but over the fence. The eyes were attached to the head of a very large moose, and beside her was a young moose calf. They were munching on all of the wonderful green plants around the house, including the potted plants.

I ran downstairs to get my camera thinking the moose would be exiting stage left in the very near future. I was wrong. After getting their fill of potted plants and other delicious goodies, the curled up next to the swing set for a nice 3 hour nap. After waking up, munching on a few more bushes on the way out, the moose wandered over to the neighbors’ house for desert. A little “Northern Exposure” for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment