Friday, July 17, 2009

7/15/09: Non-Skinny Dipping

So my preceptor is going “dipping,” or “dip netting” this weekend. When he asked me if I knew what “dipping” was, I held my tongue for the blatantly obvious wisecracks about nude bodies slipping into the water and obediently said “no.” I was informed that this had nothing to do with slightly illegal water activities and was actually a type of fishing, though I use the term “fishing” loosely.

Dipping instructions:
1) stick your 5 foot diameter net in the water, 2) wait 10 minutes, 3) pull your net out of the water, 4) look in your net for any fish.

Not exactly the most physically demanding, or technically precise sport around, but if it brings home the fish, then I guess it works (plus, if my preceptor is successful there may be a fish coming my way…).

No comments:

Post a Comment